So that is why i will always just ask of you to be real with me and not perfect.
I do not want your mask.
instead, tell me about your nightmare, the memories, your sadness,
your pain and heartache that scream you awake, and i will love you from there.
Tell me about your childhood and the things you are still healing from & 
i will love you there.
Tell me about the parts of yourself you cannot look at without flinching,
the parts of yourself that you are ashamed of,
the mistakes that are dotted like museum exhibits along the corridor of your spine, 
& i will love you from there.
I do not need for you to be perpetually light filled and soft for me.
That is all pretend. Just come to me as you are, stay true to yourself and
i will love you as you are. I will love you in each season.
will you love me too?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Moving