Gua Damai



Every climber has its origin story and here's mine!
How it got all started may be different for everyone 
but i'm sure the reason we all keep climbing are similar.
Rock Climbing never been on my bucket list ever since I start climbing in the gym.
I got my SNCS level 1 in March, till now 4 months & I get to do rock climbing.


Climbing has not enriched me financially tho it do takes up a lot of my time because
practically my weekends are spend in the climbing gym 
when others are out shopping, café hop (that's what I do previously).
I put priority to climbing now accommodating to my climber friends more rather that
having to plan for a drinks or dinner sometimes. 
Eat can wait, Climb first!!!


It is like a dream come true for me to be able to climb a real rock formations!
Because I have phobia for height hence I tend to worry but once I step onto the rock,
I was swamps by the freedom of the rocks...
It is no where like climbing in a gym where all the artificial boulder are fix on for you and
that's like the only one you have to hold to get up!
The real rocks, you have to feel all around and get a better grip of standing and holding!
Once in a while, my legs do get shaky but I manage to convince myself that I can do it!


This is my last lane and its 25m high up!
I had already climb 5 lanes before that all around 8m-10m high.
Hence I was feeling a bit tired! 
But i'm surprise that I could actually finish it when I keep telling my belayer, 
I might just climb half way!
It was totally awesome! 
Most of us climb not to compete but to improve and achieve our own personal grades.
And the feeling of it is totally indescribable !







I'm not someone who always got their hands on the lucky draw but for this first trip 
and yay, I won myself an ABD + Carabiner! =)
Throughout this trip, I made a made a few climber friends!
They are all totally awesome! They assure me that I will be in safe hands!
Thanks to their guidance and the lead climbers which helped us to set up the top ropes.
Indeed a great trip!
Climb on folks! Till then =)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Moving